Inside A Net Zero Home: Features and The Benefits
- Fresh, Improved Air Quality
- Exceptional Comfort, Quieter, Restful Interior Environment
- 20% to 30% more efficient than Standard homes
- Greatly reduced environmental impact
- Rigorous third party testing and verification required from 3-Stage Blower Test
- Security of a Government of Canada (NRCan) licensed program
Air Tight Home
- Enhanced year-round comfort
- Energy efficient and reduced operation cost
- Up to 20% more insulation than Homes Built to the Ontario Building Code
- What Insulation To Buy
- What To Look For In Insulation
Warm, High Performance Triple Pane Windows
Thermal resistant to reduces energy loss by 30-50%, providing additional protection against the sun’s ultraviolet rays and its heating effects.
HIGH PERFORMANCE THERMAL EXTERIOR WALL ASSEMBLY
Foundation & Exterior Walls
- 10″ Thick Foundation Walls – Thicker poured concrete translates to high thermal performance, less energy wastage and quieter home.
- Air Barrier System – Smart, energy saving insulation solutions designed and constructed to control airflow and stops air leakage through differences in air pressure.
- Building Seals – An innovative building envelope sealing technology that simultaneously measures and seals building envelope leaks.
WHOLE HOME BALANCE
- A combination of advanced innovative systems proven to balance the temperature and moisture in your home year round.
- Fresh air is distributed while stale and polluted air is removed for improved indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Consuming less energy and reusing wasted energy.
- Quieter and more compact mechanical systems.
- Comfortable indoor temperatures.
Energy Efficient Mechanical Systems For Net Zero Homes
Energy Recovery Ventilation
Transfers the heat energy from the warmer air to the cooler air, helping reduce a home’s overall energy usage.
High Efficiency Heat Pump
Efficient electric heating and cooling system that exchanges air from the outside to condition the home inside air without the need of a traditional furnace or air conditioner.
On Demand Hot Water Re-Circulation System
Delivery of hot water to your fingertips without waiting, while saving energy, water and money
Higher Efficiency Drain Water Heat Recovery System
Captures lost heat from waste water to preheat cold water resulting in less energy to heat water.
Smart, programmable thermostats help regulate the temperature with presets for occupied and unoccupied rooms.
Energy Efficient Tankless Water Heater
Compact and energy efficient water heater that quickly heats water directly and distributes on-demand providing endless hot water without the need of a storage tank.
Smart Humidity Sensor
Automatically detects excess humidity and activates the ventilation fan to lessen condensation to improve air quality.
Rechargeable home energy storage.
Energy Saving LED Lights
High Efficiency LED lights keeps home cooler, reduces energy usage, lasts up to 10 times longer than incandescent lighting.
SUSTAINABLE HOME FEATURES
- Reduces energy use and operating costs without sacrificing performance.
- Healthy and durable that last longer than standard features.
- Stylish home features that are eco-friendly.
Low VOC Paint
With little to no odor, volatile organic compounds paint promote healthier indoor air quality.
WaterSense® Plumbing Fixtures
WaterSense® labelled plumbing fixtures are independently certified to meet rigorous criteria for both high-performance and water efficiency.
Rechargeable home energy storage.
Energy Star & Energuide Appliances
ENERGY STAR Certified appliances are energy efficient by reducing energy usage without sacrificing performance by using less energy, these product also help reduce greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change.